AAHE4Me

The "virtual conference" for students.

Forums

Forum Home > Hot Topics > Beginning of Semester STRESS!

MaureenJohnson

For many of you, this is the first week of the semester (and what a stressful week it can be!). How do you deal with the stress of starting a new semester?

January 12, 2010 at 3:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

kehrnwald

Although it is only my third day of classes this semester and I have yet to feel much stress. I am currently taking a stress management class which I hope will help me when midterms come around, because that is the time when I first feel tremendous stress in the semester.  When I am stressed I try to come up with a time management plan and set aside a certain time to workout.

January 13, 2010 at 2:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Eterry

By being organizing what i mean by that is having my time managed out and by just doing breathing exercises if things get stressful and try to think postive

January 16, 2010 at 9:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Carson Creighton

By getting organized!!! Also by finding a good way to relieve that stress. For me thats either dancing... or watching old school eps of my favorite old tv shows.

January 19, 2010 at 5:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Tiffiany Brown

To help with the stress of school I work less hours at my job and I make sure that i have me time. Me time would include watching T.V., hanging out with friends, or other fun activities. If I don't have time to do fun things I become very stressed.

January 22, 2010 at 12:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kaitlyn Schultz

for the start of every semester my biggest thing is to get ORGANIZIED.  If i dont have every thing i need together for all my classes or my schedule is still un-made, im a total mess.  It's important to plan ahead for every semester and make sure you're taking classes that you need and not to overload yourself.

Kaitlyn Schultz

January 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Courtney Carlson

My college offers free counseling for stressed out (full time) students. Even if I do not feel stressed out, I always take advantage of the counseling center, ESPECIALLY when the semester begins! Unfortunately, I am sometimes so burried in school work, I am unaware of just how stressed out I am becoming. However, if I tackle this problem by talking to a therapist early on the semester, I feel that my stress is actually lowered for the remaining months. This ensures that I will be clear minded throughout the rest of the semester.

--

Courtney Carlson

September 28, 2010 at 9:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

psowden

One of the things i do alot is work out.  I know thats probably a typical response for relieving stress but it really does help a great amount.  Some other things i do is watch stand up comedy or a comedy movie.  Laughing is a great stress reliever. It really helps me is a super stressful moment.  I also enjoy listening to my music and a good nap helps too

September 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.