AAHE4Me

The "virtual conference" for students.

Forums

Forum Home > Hot Topics > Living a Happy Lifestyle

Jared

I think mental health is just as imporant as physical health to everyone.  I know it is to me anyhow.  Not having this can often lead to depression.

--
January 22, 2010 at 12:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Emily

I agree. On the days when I am most stressed I workout. I do everyday  when my schedule allows it because it makes me feel better and keeps me healthy. I also like to look at the positive side of every situation no matter how hard that is. I have learned to let some things go and just laugh it off or ignore it.

February 18, 2010 at 11:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Rachel Posey

Mental health can impact your physical health as well.  I agree, maintaining good mental health is really important.

February 19, 2010 at 1:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Courtney Carlson

Jared at January 22, 2010 at 12:46 PM

I think mental health is just as imporant as physical health to everyone.  I know it is to me anyhow.  Not having this can often lead to depression.

I remember discussing how working out can release certain endorphins that make you feel happy. Because of this, I must agree that physical and mental well-being are related to one another. I try my best to remain physically active by playing sports like lacrosse.

Also, I realize that if I am feeling very down mentally, I will not want to do anything physically. It hinders me from doing my best when I work out.

Mental happiness IS just as important.

--

Courtney Carlson

September 28, 2010 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Ashley Walton

I agree mental health can impact your pysical health because if your not there mental you want do it physically.

March 1, 2011 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Amy Richardson

Any suggestions how to motivate yourself to work out when you are feeling mentally drained?  I want to work out and know it will make me feel better all around; however I do not have the energy to get going.  I'm too tired.  I honestly think I have chronic fatigue syndrome. 

--

Amy Richardson:)

March 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

pattythepiglet

Hey Amy,

One of the things that help me the most in terms of motivating myself to work out is to think positively. It may be difficult, especially when we are exhausted, but if I place my mind by thinking of something beautiful or funny, it makes a difference. Also, I rely on my MP3 player a lot because I can listen to music while exercising. I would listen to upbeat music that will encourage me to move more while having fun when working out (just like it is highly recommended to turn up the music when driving if you are tired). Or sometimes, working out when watching the TV on or chatting with a friend also helps...just as long you don't get distracted from your work out. :)

July 15, 2011 at 4:21 AM Flag Quote & Reply

qswilson

Zumba is a great work out to relieve stress especially if you enjoy dancing. When finishing Zumba i feel as if i have started a new day after a stressful day!:)

September 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PhDBound

Amy Richardson at March 7, 2011 at 9:56 AM

Any suggestions how to motivate yourself to work out when you are feeling mentally drained?  I want to work out and know it will make me feel better all around; however I do not have the energy to get going.  I'm too tired.  I honestly think I have chronic fatigue syndrome. 

Hey Amy, I think the best motivation to working out is doing something you like to do. Are you into biking, dancing or any activities like that? Any activity is better than nothing. :D

September 27, 2011 at 6:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TaylaM.

Alot of people dont even think about mental health, physical health is more of a focus for everyone. But being mentally health is extremely important and it needs to come to the forefront because you can't function correctly if your mind isn't there. And I definitely agree with you all about exercising to relieve stress. It helps you to clear your mind as wello as articiulate your thoughts. To me being physically and mentally health goes hand in hand for a healthy lifesyle!

September 29, 2011 at 6:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

TaylaM.

qswilson at September 25, 2011 at 9:01 PM

Zumba is a great work out to relieve stress especially if you enjoy dancing. When finishing Zumba i feel as if i have started a new day after a stressful day!:)

Yes Shay you are right Zumba dance is great! i did Zumba dancing when I helped out my ship Cindy coordination the African Fasion Show with ASA last semester. The models did a fantastic job, in the show and you can tell  they had fun doing it.

September 29, 2011 at 6:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lauren Cole

I agree. Mental health is just as important as physical health. I know for myself, and I believe this to be true for most people, if I am not mentally there or okay, I am physically there.  I really can not seem to function physically if I am not doing okay for the most part mentally.

October 3, 2011 at 7:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.