I am co-chairing the Oklahoma Public Health Association "The Heart of the Matter, Oklahoma!" conference April 7-8, 2010, in Oklahoma City. I am so excited that we'll be able to offer this conference via live webcast for persons outside of Oklahoma!
To register, go to http://www.opha.net.
The live webcast will include access to both pre-conferences:
- Built Environment and Public Health presented by Heather Wooten
- Stress Management for Public Health Professionals presented by Todd Huston
The entire two-day conference, including nationally recognized plenary speakers:
- Dr. Stanton Glantz, University of California, San Francisco
- Heather Wooten, Planning for Healthy Places at Public Health Law & Policy
- Dr. Carmen Nevarez, American Public Health Association
- Dr. Judy Kruger, Office of Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
And all concurrent sessions...
- The Four Ways to Reduce Your Stress Starting Today! Donna Rynda
- Smoking Cessation & Pregnancy, Dr. Laura Beebe
- Correlation between Cardiovascular Disease and Periodontal Disease, John Dmytryk D.D.S.
- Screening for Metabolic Syndrome, A New Mission For Public Health? Dr. Timothy Cathey
- Heart Health & Emergency Medicine, Dr. Charles Stewart
- Prevention and Health Care Needs — Perspective from Preventive Cardiology and Clinical Lipidology — How Can We Team Up? Dr. Carl Rubenstein, MD
- Heart Healthy Cooking & Food Demonstration, Fernando Acuna
- The Real Health Care System: Taking Physical Education Outside The Walls Gymnasium Into The Hearts And Minds Of Our Community, Beth Kirkpatrick
- Time Lost is Brain Lost! Mary Pinson
- Healthy Homes, Part I & II, Dr. Patrick Bohan
Please feel free to contact me for more information: